Time Matters 15 - UPDATES
This page covers fixes and known issues for Time Matters 15. It updates our 65-page Time Matters guide, Conversion to Version 15 The guide is available for purchase here and is available on request at no charge to clients of Active Practice.
Advice on Upgrading to Time Matters 15.1
Before Upgrading from Time Matters 14 or earlier
- If you are using Billing Matters timekeeping, A/R and invoicing, you'll be fine. If you are using the Accounting features of Billing Matters (formerly know as Billing Matters Plus), you will lose access to the accounting features. See the instructions.
- Back up your Time Matters database
Copy the backup file to a different drive for safekeeping. You cannot undo the upgrade without a backup.
- Check you computer's RAM and processor numbers
- We recommend 4 GB or more RAM and 2.2 GHz or higher processor.
- Open Windows Explorer (the yellow folder icon or WinKey + E).
- Right-click on Computer or This PC.
- Click on Properties. Check the Installed Memory (RAM) and Processor numbers
- Check to see if Time Matters 10 is still installed. If it is, watch out! Read the upgrade instructions carefully.
Upgrading from Time Matters 13 or earlier
The Calendar views changed significantly in Time Matters 14. Be prepared to learn your way around the new Calendar, which looks and works much like the Outlook calendar.
Time Matters 15.1 New Features and Fixes
For a list of new features and fixes in Time Matters 15.1, see:
New Post - Time Matters 15.1
Time Matters 15 Released with Important Fixes
Time Matters 15 fixes important problems with e-mail messages in Time Matters 15 and other issues.
For detailed information on Time Matters 15, see our Time Matters 15 page here:
Time Matters 15
Tips for Time Matters 15
Update - This list will be revised for Time Matters 15 as new tips are created. Check our home page for announcements about Time Matters 15 tips.
Tip: Message during installation on Windows 10 computer
The Time Matters installer (setupe.exe) installs several Microsoft components. During this process, it may ask several times if you want to install .NET 2.0. You may click Yes to this prompt.
InstallShield ... optionally install .NET 2.0? [YES] [NO]
The installer may silently stop each time it installs one of the Microsoft components. Right-click again on setupe.exe and click Run As Administrator each time that happens.
Time Matters 15 - New Known Issues
For a list of existing Known Issues, click here...
As new issues are discovered and reported, they will be published here.