Time Matters Secure Document Sharing
About Secure Document Sharing
With Time Matters 13 and a current Annual Maintenance Plan, you can share documents with clients and others. Time Matters 13 integrates features of WatchDox, a secure document sharing service.
In my opinion, two aspects of this service set it apart from alternatives:
- It makes receiving documents really easy for your clients.
- It allows you to send documents quickly from within Time Matters.
Share a Document
- Your client has no password to remember.
- Your documents are extremely secure and well protected.
- The document links in the e-mails you send work only for the recipients on their PCs.
- Strong encryption protects your documents without hassles.
When to Use Secure Document Sharing
- A document is sensitive.
- You don't want a document intercepted or left easily available as an e-mail attachment.
- You want to be sure that a client received a document.
- You want to assure your client that they can send or receive a document privately.
Set Up Secure Document Sharing
- Click on the Time Matters Help menu
- Go to: Contents > Sharing Documents > Administration Questions > How do I enable document sharing?
- Follow the instructions
How to Share Documents
To share one or more documents with a client or other person:
- Tag documents on Documents Tab of a Matter and click Share
- Choose Client or add client's e-mail (that adds client to list for future sharing)
- Click: Share Documents
An e-mail is sent to the recipient(s) and a confirmation e-mail is sent to you. No e-mail setup is needed for this feature to work.
What Your Client Does
- Client receives and e-mail with a link.
- Client clicks in the e-mail to receive an Authentication e-mail. Client only does this once.
- Client receives the Authentication e-mail with a link to shared documents.
- Clicking the link sets up document sharing tied to that computer.
When sharing more documents, an e-mail is sent for each document with a link. Client does not need to go through the authentication steps - just click the link in the new e-mail to open the document.
Client can open and send documents from a webpage:
Read more about Time Matters Secure Document Sharing in the Time Matters Help on Sharing Documents.