A common issue after upgrading to Windows 10 is that Time Matters no longer creates PDF files. This tip explains how to get the PDF feature working again.
If you use Billing Matters, you need to have the PDF feature working in order to be able to create PDF versions of invoices. They are needed if you want to reprint an invoice or send invoices as PDF files.
To fix the Time Matters PDF feature:
- Go to Devices and Printers: Type Devices and Printers in the Search box in the Windows Taskbar or open Control Panel / Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the Time Matters Private Driver icon and click Remove .
- In Time Matters, preview a report and save to PDF:
- Open any record.
- Click the Printer icon in the record's icon bar.
- Select the Form Format Report and press Preview.
- In the Report Preview window, click the right edge of the Save button at the top of the Preview pane.
- Save the file as a PDF.
The Time Matters Private Driver should now reappear in Devices and Printers. With Billing Matters, invoices should be automatically saved as PDF files. You should be able to create PDF versions of Word documents using the right-click menu in any Time Matters Document list.