Heads Up: The TM Save button in Microsoft Office 2016 programs like MS Word and MS Excel will not work properly unless Office 2016 is installed via Click-to-Run (aka CTR or C2R).
How to Tell if MS Office Is CTR or MSI Installed
Depending on the edition, MS Office can be installed via either CTR or MSI (Microsoft Installer). If your TM Save button is not working in Word or Excel, you should check to see whether the program was CTR or MSI installed.
To see if an Office program is CTR or MSI:
- Start an Office application such as Microsoft Word.
- Open a new or old document.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- If Office 2013 installed via Click-to-Run (CTR), an Update Options item is displayed. If it installed via MSI, the Update Options item is not displayed.
Here is another method to determine CTR vs. MSI:
- Go to Control Panel / Programs and Features.
- Right click Microsoft Office and select Change.
- If you can find the option "Add and Remove features", it is MSI.
If you need to install Microsoft Office via CTR, here is a short how-to video:
Heads Up: The intro music for this video will wake you up!
Questions? Send me an email... or call me at 800.575.0007