We have seen this Time Matters error - Printer Not Activated, Error Code -30 - a number of times in Time Matters databases of our client law firms and our own Time Matters databases. It can show up when trying to preview Invoices in Billing Matters or run a Time Matters report.
Here are the steps that should fix the error:
- Press Windows key R to open the Run window.
- In the Open field, type: Control Printers
- Press Enter to open the Printers And Faxes window.
- Right-click the following:
- Time Matters Private Driver
- Select Delete from the context menu to open the Printers window.
- Click Yes to close the Printers window.
- Click File on the menu bar.
- Click Close to close the Printers And Faxes window.
- Open Time Matters.
- Open any record. In the record, click File and click Print [type of record]
- Click Form Format on the Format tab.
- Click Preview
A known Printer issue will occur if you are using Office 2016, your personal inbox is setup with a MAPI account and you try to create an Invoice. In this situation. Close Time Matters. Open it again. Do not open your Personal Inbox. Create your Invoice. Note: No PDF copy of the invoice will be created as would be normal. If you are emailing Invoices to clients, the Invoice will not be attached to the email.