Outlook has an option to search all folders at once, such as Inbox, Sent Items, and custom folders. This tips explains how to switch between searching just the current folder and searching all folders.
Become more productive by reading our tips for Time Matters software and related technologies.
Categories of tips are listed in the left pane, below.
Subscribe to the RSS feed for this Blog here: 1234Tips Blog RSS
Blog Posts with Illustrated Tips
Your best choice is to replace your Windows XP computer with a laptop or desktop running Windows 7, Windows 8 or a different operating system. If you do not replace your Windows XP computer, you should take these precautions.
Beginning on April 8, 2014, Microsoft will no longer provide updates to fix newly-discovered vulnerabilities in Windows XP. While security software vendors will continue to provide updates, those updates will not protect against holes in the Windows XP operating system.
We recommend replacing Windows XP computers before April 8.
LexisNexis has started publishing a public Known Issues List for Time Matters here:
At this writing only some Target Issues are listed. More issues will be published as the LexisNexis team works through their list.
The article on each Known Issue describes the issue and sometimes offers a work-around.
Here is my path of least resistance for creating a PhraseExpress abbreviation or "Autotext" that will expand into the whole word as soon as you type it.
Windows 8 hotkeys or shortcut keys include:
- Windows Key + Tab - Opens up the left-hand "Switch List"
- Windows Key + C - Opens up the right-hand Charms Bar
- Windows Key + I - Opens up the Settings Menu
- Windows Key + T - Jumps you back to Desktop Mode and cycles through your open windows on the taskbar.
- Windows Key + Shift + . - Docks the app to the left, middle, or right side of the screen with each press.
- Windows Key + M - Jumps to the Desktop and minimizes all applications
- Windows Key + Q - Opens up Windows 8's global search utility within Metro
In Event records, a Duration is required in Time Matters 12 Service Pack 2. This post shows examples of time-saving shortcuts for entering times and durations.