Become more productive by reading our tips for Time Matters software and related technologies.
Categories of tips are listed in the left pane, below.
Subscribe to the RSS feed for this Blog here: 1234Tips Blog RSS
Blog Posts with Illustrated Tips
Windows 8 hotkeys or shortcut keys include:
- Windows Key + Tab - Opens up the left-hand "Switch List"
- Windows Key + C - Opens up the right-hand Charms Bar
- Windows Key + I - Opens up the Settings Menu
- Windows Key + T - Jumps you back to Desktop Mode and cycles through your open windows on the taskbar.
- Windows Key + Shift + . - Docks the app to the left, middle, or right side of the screen with each press.
- Windows Key + M - Jumps to the Desktop and minimizes all applications
- Windows Key + Q - Opens up Windows 8's global search utility within Metro
In Event records, a Duration is required in Time Matters 12 Service Pack 2. This post shows examples of time-saving shortcuts for entering times and durations.
You can use Time Matters to efficiently scan documents with any scanner that creates PDF files, including the Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500.
In Time Matters 12 Service Pack 1, each Event on the Calendar needs a Start Time and a Stop Time. Here are some shortcuts for dealing with that requirement.
Here are three solutions to issues that cause a MS SQL Server backup of Time Matters or other SQL databases to fail with the error message: "Executing SQL directly; no cursor."
Ziptr is closing its doors. This innovative service for securely sharing Email messages and files offered an excellent free service, but did not "go viral" as it needed to succeed.